Our choice for 5 of the Best Family Tours in Cozumel
Think of the Caribbean Sea and a Mexican island bang in the middle of it and you have Cozumel. Mostly famed for its scuba diving and a popular port of call for cruise ships, what is lesser known is how family friendly Cozumel is. In fact, there are numerous Cozumel family tours that would make your vacation a memorable adventure for your entire family. These Cozumel tours are not just family tours but also fantastic Cozumel cultural tours that your family will not forget anytime soon. If you want to know about some of the best things to do in Cozumel, read on! Now this list is just for ideas and we tried to focus on different areas and not on things that are all similar.
- Chankanaab Day Pass, Discover Mexico, and Sea Lion Show: Organized by the Discover Mexico Park, this Cozumel family tours is one of the best things to do in Cozumel. You will also get to experience one of the best Cozumel cultural tours during this. From Riviera Maya to Chihuahua to Oaxaca, you will experience the rich heritage and history of this wonderful island in this Cozumel tours. Your five senses will be engaged as you walk through tropical rainforests that are as rich in fruits as they are in animals. Get to see turtles, iguanas and macaws as you walk leisurely through the stunning forest. A visit to a the Museum of Popular Arts will bring you face to face with the rich cultural artefacts of Cozumel, from the textiles to the brilliantly carved wood animals to the pottery made from black clay. You can buy your own souvenirs at the arts and crafts store to take back home as memorabilia of your Cozumel cultural tours. Enjoy the best of Mexican food with a taco buffet that is part of this tour. When you reach Chankanaab National Park, you can snorkel down to any of the coral reefs that surround this pristine island. A reef lagoon beneath the park can be accessed to take you directly to the ocean. In the park, children will be delighted watching the dolphins at play or swimming in their own beach inlet. The botanical garden is home to many exotic plants that will be a pleasure for your eyes. Don’t forget to watch the exciting sea lion show that is complimentary with this tour. In just one tour, cater to every member of your family, across all ages and different interests!
- Adventurous Cozumel Xrail tour: This well balanced tour is for those looking for some adventure while not going to extremes since this tour is operated by the same Wild Tours company that operates the extreme Xrail off-road adventure. The Adventurous is toned down, has buggies that seat four instead of two and does the off-roading at the beach on the other side of the island then returns to Playa Uvas for lunch and beach time.
- Pirate Dinner Cruise: Your children will be thrilled to be onboard an authentic old Spanish ship, the Jean Lafitte. Indulge your taste buds in the scrumptious dinner while enjoying the sight and sounds of the Caribbean Sea. You’ll be equally amused with the pirate theme and show put on by the fantastic crew!
- Atlantis Submarine Tour: Dive down to 100 feet in a submarine with professional crew and give your children the experience of a lifetime! This is definitely a family tour as not everyone is ready to go scuba diving and this is definitely a memorable experience for a family.
- Xcaret Day trip: In this evening show, you will see scale models of Yucatan archaeological sites, Mayan ruins, stables, an aquarium and aviary, as well as a butterfly farm. Travel along the underground river through caverns and channels for an experience of a lifetime! A sure fire way to keep the entire family entertained as your day will fly by due to such fun!